Saturday, June 9, 2012

On a "formulaic" Friday night

I don't know what kind of shenanigans you've been up to on this fine Friday night, but I bet it's not as exciting as what's kept me up till 2:00 AM...


Yep. I just spent the better part of 87,000 hours* figuring out some relatively complicated Excel formulas. *You guys know I never exaggerate, right? The result may not look like much, but I am pretty much ecstatic right now!


This is the beginning of my life as a Spinning® instructor! I'm creating a Google spreadsheet where I can keep track of all the routines I'll make, complete with song title/artist, duration, cadence, notes/comments, and what you see in the picture above, which are the basic movements involved in indoor cycling. Those cute little icons? They'll automatically change based on the information shown in the adjacent cell. And you have no idea how many attempts it took me to get it right.

Now I just have to put together some routines and get my butt to the gym when the cycling room isn't being used for a class so I can practice leading my imaginary students. Eek!

Oh, and just so you don't think I'm a TOTAL nerd, here's proof that I did actually go out tonight before all this spreadsheeting:


We walked to Joe's favorite little sushi joint for dinner after a fun martial arts workout. The lady that runs the restaurant LOVES Joe, so she gave him a free plate of fried calamari, AND we got a refill on our hot sake after we'd already paid the bill. (Let's just say it was a good thing we decided to walk...)
 
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I try to reply to all comments within the post itself so we can keep the conversation going.