Tuesday, November 6, 2012

JAM.06 - I Voted!

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but today I voted for the first time ever. I've been registered since I turned 18, but it took me nearly ten years to actually pay enough attention to what is going on in the country to be able to cast an informed vote.

And honestly? I don't know if I voted for "the right guy." But I voted prayerfully, and I voted according to my Biblical values, and I know that will bother or upset or anger some people. I think the most important thing, though, is that I finally voted. I wonder what our country would look like if every person with the ability to vote actually DID vote. It seems like too many people just don't find value in it because they're convinced that one vote isn't going to make a difference. But when thousands of people's votes aren't being cast, that makes a difference.

Anyway, I don't have the skill or desire to get any more political here. Whether Obama or Romney wins the election, I'll be praying for the President.

So today I'm finding joy in my very first "I Voted!" sticker.




Day six of NaBloPoMo: check!

1 comment:

  1. I agree-- it's so disheartening to see such apathy. Yes, one individual vote won't make a difference, but when thousands of such individuals think so, it really does make a difference! I also always maintain that while it's certainly a person's right to choose whether or not to vote, they also forfeit their right to complain about the government if they abstain from voting.

    Anyway-- congrats on voting for the first time, and on informing yourself before you did :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I try to reply to all comments within the post itself so we can keep the conversation going.