Tuesday, November 13, 2012

JAM.13 - Fellowship

Tonight I am so very thankful for fellowship and female friendships. I host a Tuesday night Bible study with a few girls, and these last couple months have been such a great season of learning and growth. Each person who is a part of the study brings a unique gift (or gifts!) that has become an integral aspect of our meetings.

I'm just blown away by what God is doing through our little gathering. I feel like each of us is not only receiving awesome counsel and prayer from the others, but we are able to practice using our gifts and dwelling in the Lord's presence. I'm sorry if this sounds overly spiritual to some of you, but I can't say it any other way. It is an enormous blessing to have this time set aside each week to dig into the Word together, pray for one another, and share openly without fear of having our trust broken or abused.

In our meeting tonight, I was reminded of how sufficient and fulfilling God is in providing for every need. Seeking answers or worth in anything other than Jesus is always going to leave me feeling dissatisfied and lonely. Yet when I abide in Him and receive everything He would have for me, all the other aspects of life begin to function so much better. You'd think it would be easy to choose God over (insert issue here -- money, popularity, beauty, whatever), especially after seeing how much greater it is than anything I ever try to find value in!

I'm working on it, and I'm finding joy in pursuing God together with great Christian girlfriends.





Day thirteen of NaBloPoMo: check!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I commented last night, but looks like I didn't ha! Just want to say that the Lord truly blessed me when I met you and Joe. I can't imagine not having you guys in my life now, you are both such a wonderful example of a Godly relationship to me. I'm sure I've said that 100 times (if not to you, than to others ha!) but you really really are. I am so thankful for the friendship and example that you provide me, and SO happy that we get to WORK together now so I can see your gorgeous self more often!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I try to reply to all comments within the post itself so we can keep the conversation going.