Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday: Week 4


WEEK
DATE
WEIGHT
POUNDS +/-
TOTAL LOST
4
Jan 23
163.0
-1.0
1.8 lbs
3
Jan 16
164.0
+1.4
0.8 lbs
2
Jan 9
162.6
-2.2
2.2 lbs
1
Jan 2
164.8




Yay! Glad I managed to lose weight this week. Today's weight (163.0) is also my starting weight for the DietBet challenge I'm doing, which officially begins Friday (there's still time to join if you want!). This means that in order to be a winner in the challenge, I need to lose 6.5 pounds in four weeks (by Feb 23rd). Eek! That's a little over 1.5 pounds per week, which means I gotta really stay on track with my calorie intake and exercise!

The good news is, between now and Feb 23rd I've got two races planned and I'll be continuing to train for my 10K in March. I'm also getting a lot better at consistently going to Tuesday night boot camp at the gym, martial arts on Mondays and Wednesdays, and now I've got a fun at-home workout I can throw in for variety!

Even if I don't "win" the DietBet thing, I know it's going to be a great motivator for me, and I will be happy with whatever my body does in response to my hard work. (But let's be honest: it would be SUPER cool to say I won money for losing a few pounds, right?)

Anyway. I'm feeling good and looking forward to continuing to develop better, healthier habits!

1 comment:

  1. i just joined the dietbet! I did two this past month (they end next week) and it really helped keep me on track! we'll see how this next one works out...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I try to reply to all comments within the post itself so we can keep the conversation going.