Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday: Week 5


WEEK
DATE
WEIGHT
POUNDS +/-
TOTAL LOST
5
Jan 30
162.2
-0.8
2.6 lbs
4
Jan 23
163.0
-1.0
1.8 lbs
3
Jan 16
164.0
+1.4
0.8 lbs
2
Jan 9
162.6
-2.2
2.2 lbs
1
Jan 2
164.8




I'm happy with today's weigh-in results, mostly because I know it's not entirely accurate. I did pretty well this past week, but as it's a certain unpleasant time of the month, I'm bloated and a little less, uh...regular than usual. I fully expect to see it balance out and be a little bigger loss next week!

In other news, I'm gearing up for the Super Bowl 4-Miler this Sunday, so the other day I went for a night run along a local bike path. I was hoping to knock out four miles so I can get a feel for how I'm doing with that distance, but it got dark more quickly than I anticipated and the path wasn't lit for a big chunk of the route. So I turned around after a mile instead of going two full miles each way. It was a little scary running in the dark with only a few bike headlights passing from time to time! I think if I'm ever going to try another night run like that, I'd better get a headlamp and bring a friend.

I am really enjoying getting back into a more regular workout routine. I'm getting back up to the strength level I want to be at, pushing myself to the limit, and I feel more energetic throughout the day. The one result I haven't really been seeing yet is a difference when I look in the mirror. I'm not saying I don't like what I see -- I do! I am, overall, in great shape. I'm healthy. But I'm waiting to see a little more definition in my stomach, less flab on my arms and thighs. And I'm still waiting for my clothes to start feeling comfortable again rather than just a little too tight. I know the results will come with continued diligence and hard work. It's just another thing to add to my list of "Things Teaching Me Patience."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I try to reply to all comments within the post itself so we can keep the conversation going.