Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Expect

I'm posting every day in October for The Nester's #31Days link-up. Click here to see all of my posts in this series.


If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment.

-Steven Moffat


Well, I fully expected to have today's post written well before the Very Last Minute.  Instead, I worked all day, went to the gym, and then hung out with my awesome pal, neighbor, and soulmate Michelle until about ten minutes ago.

I'm okay with that.

As for today's quote, I like it because a) Steven Moffat is one of the writers for Doctor Who, which Joe and I totally binged on this weekend; and b) that sort of thing happens to me all too often.  Mostly I meet someone and don't expect them to like me, which results in my assuming I won't like them much anyway.  And yet, what happens more often than not is I come to learn that I am actually a person that people generally do like, and I generally like most people.  So, plenty of incredibly exciting moments in my life, I guess!

I'm not even going to try to make this post more eloquent or coherent because it's almost midnight and this is my blog and I'm allowed to be unrefined and sometimes ridiculously rambly.

In fact, you should just expect that from me most of the time, and then when I do write something profound or extremely clever and clean, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Which reminds me of the runner-up quote that I considered for today:

Expect people to be better than they are; it helps them to become better. But don't be disappointed when they are not; it  helps them to keep trying.

-Mary Browne

Which is to say, ignore what I said earlier and expect me to be the best blogger ever.  I guess that means I'll keep getting better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I try to reply to all comments within the post itself so we can keep the conversation going.