Thursday, October 3, 2013

Influence

I'm posting every day in October for The Nester's #31Days link-up. Click here to see all of my posts in this series.


Woman's influence is powerful, especially when she wants something.
-Josh Billings


You may have heard of a website called Influenster.  The basic premise is they send you a package (called a "VoxBox") with some items from a particular company, and you get to try them out!  Then you are encouraged to post photos and honest reviews all over the internet.

I got my first VoxBox recently, from Colgate!  They have a new toothbrush called SlimSoft, which has "17x slimmer bristles than your average nylon brush" -- it's supposed to provide a deeper clean between teeth and gums.  This toothbrush also has 35% MORE bristles (since they're so slim), which makes for a very different sensation than your average brush!

Here's an Instagram video I made right after I opened the box and tried out the toothbrush for the first time:



And here's a silly video of the SlimSoft in action!



Now that I've been using the SlimSoft for a couple weeks, let's talk details.

As I said in the first video, it felt pretty weird the first time I used it, but not in a bad way.  It was just extremely soft, and it kinda tickled my gums.  I thought, "How can something so soft actually get in deep to clean my mouth?"  But sure enough, my mouth felt nice and clean afterwards!  And after using it for awhile, it feels pretty much normal.  (Maybe I should use my old toothbrush again and see how different THAT feels!)

In addition to the tiny, tickly bristles, this brush also has a flexible, ergonomic handle, which is supposed to make it more comfortable to use.  Honestly, I didn't really notice a difference as far as how my hand feels using the SlimSoft versus my old toothbrush.  It's plenty comfortable, just not exceptionally MORE so than any other brush I've used.

The big question, then, is: Do I love this toothbrush enough to toss my old one and forever be a SlimSoft girl?

To be perfectly honest, I am a pretty un-fancy person when it comes to oral hygiene.  Which is to say, I generally use whatever toothbrush my dentist gives me at my six-month check-up (and I always seem to have at least a couple new ones in my bathroom, since they are a staple item in Christmas stockings).

But I like the SlimSoft enough to talk it up to my dentist and friends! And if I ever find myself needing to buy a toothbrush, I'll certainly look for this one first.


Tell me: Do you have a favorite toothbrush?



Disclosure:  I received the SlimSoft toothbrush and mini samples of toothpaste and mouthwash from Colgate complimentary for testing purposes as an Influenster member.  I was not paid for this review, and all opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I try to reply to all comments within the post itself so we can keep the conversation going.