Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekend Wonder: Lizard's Mouth

{I'm posting every day this month for the 31 Days writing challenge!
Click here to see an introduction and a list of all the posts I've written so far.}



{Weekend Wonder is a little mini-series I'm doing within “31 Days,” where I show you
a picture of something in Santa Barbara that I love, along with a short blurb about it.}


(Click to enlarge)


This is a little cave I found during a hike/walk around Lizard’s Mouth.  Somewhere between the ages of 8 and 25, I lost my sense of adventure and outdoorsiness (that’s a word, I decided), but it’s been slowly coming back to me these last few years.  Oh, and I may look super “in my element” in this photo (or maybe I don’t), but I’m pretty sure as I was climbing in there, I thought, “Ew, I’m getting dirty, and what if there’s a spider or snake in here or something?”  I’m learning to battle those thoughts by reminding myself how much fun I’ve been having as I push myself to try new things...but I’m still not quite ready to camp out overnight in the wilderness or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I try to reply to all comments within the post itself so we can keep the conversation going.